Saturday, November 17, 2012

Work and Yardwork

Hello!  Sebasthian and I keep having the best, funniest memories and I keep getting overwhelmed with trying to get myself to journal them so let's try out this "blog" idea.  I've never really been a big fan of blogging but it' might be a good way to share all of our fun with family and friends :)

I have the best jobs.  One, I work for the hospital as a Physical Therapy technician, and the second is Sales Manager for a local lawn care company, the Weed Man.  A random combination, yes, but it pays the bills and thus I am grateful for them both.  

A few weeks ago I found some granuals laying around in one of the bays at Weed Man and for some reason I was sure it had to be grass seed.  Sebasthian and I LOVE working in our yard and had been wanting seed for awhile for a few, rather large, areas of the lawn that need some TLC. Immediately I had the bright idea to scoop some up in a bucket (it would've been thrown out 'cuz it was on the ground) and bring it home as a surprise for Sebasthian!  He was indeed super happy!

I usually work both jobs every day so I don't always get to tell him things right away...such as in this case.  I went to WM and in talking to the techs discovered it wasn't seed - it was PRE-EMERGENT!  Before I could remember to tell Sebasthian, I went to work at PT.  During the shift I kept thinking "Oh, I should tell him how funny my mistake was.  That would've been so bad!"  I was getting off in an hour though and figured we could laugh about it in person. 

Pulling in the driveway after work, I see Sebasthian in the yard and start yelling "DON'T PUT IT ON THERE!!" hahaha Too late!!  He had been so excited to surprise me right after his classes that he didn't even change, he just went to work in the yard.  I got there just in time to see him finishing touch - the big patch in the very front of the yard :)  He was so proud :)  When I finally told him what he put down all we could do is laugh...guess we won't see anything growing there for awhile!  Such are the joys of being inexperienced newly-weds :)

2 comments:

  1. hahaha,I can imagine you finding him working outside and thinking; oh oh! too late! hahaha Very funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would require me to know exactly what Pre-emergent is. Time to google!

    ReplyDelete